Sunday, February 6, 2011

Nice Surprise

Well, it's been awfully busy around here.  Lots of deadlines to meet, not so much time to enjoy being outdoors or  write. But this afternoon turned out to include some unexpected down time, made even better by the appearance of part of Jpod traveling close to shore past the house.

It isn't usual for them to come in so close to the eastern shore of Puget Sound, but there they were.  I was able to follow them for the better part of an hour, along with a crowd of neighbors armed with binoculars and cameras.  When February came and the SRKW hadn't been spotted in my local waters for more than three months, I figured I was out of luck and would have to wait for summer and the San Juans to see them again.  Today was a lovely surprise.

Here's hoping life doesn't keep me too busy to be present here.  There's a lot to say, if I can find the time to get it down.

No comments:

Post a Comment